- Total €0,00
Don't let yourself be restrained by jaw pain - you can get relief by strengthening it!
Whatever jaw pain caused by any cause, if you suffer from it, is very likely to negatively affect many aspects of your life , especially the ability to speak and eat comfortably.
There can be many reasons why people feel pain in this area, but most often it is damaged or stiff jaw joint or the muscles around it . This may be due to:
- injury or overload upper and lower jaws ,
- gnashing of teeth ( bruxism ),
- unconscious jaw clenching,
- bite changes after dental procedures,
- a shifted disk to dampen jaw movements
- arthritis in the jaw joint.
Za jaw pain can also happen Horton's syndrome, sinus infections or toothache. More severe cases often require intervention by a doctor, especially if your upper or lower jaw hurts due to a bad or otherwise diseased tooth .
4. simple jaw pain exercises that you can do yourself at home
However, if you know you have no illness and attribute your pain to a weakened or worn jaw, can help you build muscle in this area . For example, try some of the exercises described below.
1. An exercise called "Goldfish"
Provides an improved ability to keep the jaws in the correct position when chewing
- Press the tip of your tongue on the floor behind the front teeth.
- Place the right index finger in the middle of the chin and the left index finger on the left jaw joint (in a small depression next to the ear, roughly at the level of the ear canal) .
- Apply light pressure with both fingers while lowering and lifting the chin again.
Repeat the exercise at least six times, in five series spread over the day .
2. Lower jaw stabilization
Balances jaw position and gradually improves its range of motion .
- Relax lower jaw and flatten it into a neutral position.
- With your thumb gently hold the lower jaw just below your chin and gently push it while you open your mouth.
- Repeat while moving your thumb from left to right.
Repeat the exercise at least five times, in five series spread over the day .
3. Chin pull
Strengthens the neck muscles, so improves the position of the head, spine and jaw itself.
- Stand up, straighten your back, relax your shoulders, and gently pull them back.
- Aim your gaze directly in front of you and start pulling your head back as if you want to reach your second chin.
- Hold this position for about three seconds, then return to the neutral position.
You can repeat the exercise up to ten times in several series during the day .
4. Working with language
Strengthens jaw muscles and gives it a wider range of motion.
- Gently place the tip of the tongue on the floor.
- Slowly open your mouth as much as you can without detaching your tongue from the palate.
- Finally, close your mouth again, keep your tongue in place, and then repeat the process.
Repeat the exercise at least ten times, in three series spread over the day .
Jaw Strengthener - a nice alternative to classic exercise
Exercise against lower jaw pain a stiff jaw joint can be effective, but as you can see, it requires regularity and plenty of time.
If you already know that you are very busy and you do not have much space left for regular repetitions, you can try jaw booster , ideally in combination with the exercises described above .
There are several types, but the most effective are those that copy natural movements jaws - chewing . These jaw boosters include our Winbuilders a Winshapers , which are chewing aids designed for this purpose.
Regular chewing lower jaw not only strengthens but also gains more pronounced contours which contributes to the more attractive appearance of the person using the tools.
So not only can you get rid of proper exercise and care jaw pain but also boost your confidence. Don't forget about proper dental hygiene and working on your overall health , from which the condition of your jaw naturally depends.